Pre and Post surgical care
In a supportive environment, we will help you with the healing process after surgerieswith Manual Lymph Drainage massage (MLD). This therapy will greatly hasten the healing after cosmetic surgeries or liposuction, breast reconstruction or reduction, or knee, hip or shoulder surgeries. MLD reduces the edema and bruising that often occurs secondary to surgery.
Benefits of MLD for pre and post surgical care assists the healing process
- MLD lymphatic massage will increase oxygenation, hydration and cellular metabolism thus, aiding the health of the tissue.
- MLD lymphatic massage performed pre-surgically prepares the tissue for surgery by removing toxic debris and cleansing the connective tissue. This in turn promotes healing, minimizes swelling and bruising, and helps to avoid hematomas.
- MLD lymphatic massage administered as soon as possible after surgery will increase waste disposal by transporting protein damaged cells, inflammatory products and toxins away from the area. This facilitates the healing process after surgical trauma.
- MLD lymphatic massage reduces swelling and thus there is an increased speed of healing.
- MLD lymphatic massage stimulates the formation of lymph vessels around scar tissue. This minimizes scar formation.
- MLD lymphatic massage helps positive changes in the quality of scar tissue.
- MLD lymphatic massage balances the sympathetic nervous system, helping to relieve stress.
- The repetitive calming movements alleviate pain by stimulating reflex pathways, which decreases pain signals sent to the brain.
- MLD lymphatic massage supports and enhances the activity of the immune system by increasing lymph flow and stimulating antibody production. The body recovers faster with MLD as it has a balancing effect on the body`s immune system.
- When MLD lymphatic massage is performed there will be a reduced risk of fibrosis and scar tissue forming.